Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hot, Hot, HOT!


Me with my "Late Night" face


Okay, when
I'm hot, you know the temperature is up there. Because I'm the one who's cold at 75 degrees. At least I got to spend most of today in a nice cool hospital, and class, and work.

All right, Andrew update. So...he's not well yet. They had hoped to release him today, but he started vomiting, so obviously that's not good. Honestly, I really wanted to be there with him, or at least to be there with Mommy...but there's not much I could do. I stayed with Mommy from about 8 am to 10 am (when I had to go to class), but I really just got in the way. I feel so useless! I know Mommy is stressed, and I hate seeing Andrew like this...He's so pale, and you know even though he's my little brother he's always been the sort of stoic it-doesn't-bother-me type. Always did things for himself, you know? And he's doing great...it's just...I don't know. I wish I could do something more to help. So I worry a lot and pray really, really hard.


My Brave Little Bro

He's doing good, though. I mean, he's walking and stuff. I just keep thinking how blessed we are that this didn't happen earlier, when Daddy was out of a job and without insurance. Or later, when Andrew was on his mission (wouldn't that have been something). Thank heaven for small favors.

And amidst all of this, Fred is trying to get me to work more hours for people who decided to leave last minute! I'm sorry, but I'm already stressed, and I have an exam that weekend, and he's trying to guilt me into it. He keeps saying, "Well, I could have talked Max into closing for the weekend, but somebody closed 30 minutes early on a Saturday..." Okay, I did that. I made a decision, and it turned out to be a mistake. But I am not taking Saturdays till the end of time for people because of that mistake! I got reprimanded and everything, I feel I've paid my dues.

Sorry. I'm just really really stressed and tired. But I can't sleep. *sigh...*

P.S. Doesn't the movie "A Series of Unfortunate Events" have one of the most dissatisfying endings of all time? Ha!

No comments: