Saturday, July 12, 2008

Depressing Day

*WARNING: This post is more of a glorified rant/vent.*

I give up. You know, today started out really good. I got up at 8, washed my hair, ate breakfast, tidied up my room, started my laundry...I even darned my socks and mended clothes! I was feeling very good about what I had accomplished today.

Then they got home.

The first thing I heard when I showed G-ma my sewing was that I had wasted my time. As an afterthought, she added that she was glad I did it, but that it was still a waste of time. Oh, great. Then, since all my laundry was done but my towels, I heard about how I was cluttering up her laundry room. No, "Oh, hey, good job getting your laundry done." Nope. Then she came to my room. I had just barely moved my laundry stuff in there so G-pa could have his precious TV to himself, but it still looked okay. And I hear, "You'd better get started on this room."

I GIVE UP! There's no way I'm ever going to make these people happy, or proud. I make my own meals, and hear "Who messed up my kitchen?" I don't CARE anymore! I'll clean my room when I want, and when I think it's good enough, it's good enough, darnit! I'll do my own laundry, and I'll mend a THOUSAND socks and dresses if I feel they need it, even if it IS a waste of time! I'm tired of doing my best and getting slapped for it. I'm sick and tired of feeling bad whenever they "critique" what I'm doing. Apparently I'm not going to get any praise from them, so I'm not going to try anymore.

No comments: