Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Pierced Ears Story

Me with my newly pierced ears
Well, it's finals week again (week...two days...ugh). And then I get a whole 2 day break before the next term. On the up side, my ear piercing seems to be healing fine.
.
I promised some people I would tell the story, so here it is: My friend and I started out from my house around noon. I had google maps directions, and even a little ipod virtual trip to the place. Getting there happened pretty much without incident, except that it was raining buckets at times, but that's normal for here. When we got to the piercing parlor, she gave me my birthday present. It was a card that sang "Bad to the Bone" (her statement on my mini-rebellion, lol), and some earrings. Then we went in. The place was burning lots of incense, which took a while to get used to. Incense usually makes my head ache.
...
Okay, back from work. Anyway, so we walk up to the counter, fill out forms that asked a lot of stuff (including my myspace...wow), and picked out my studs. Then we waited for a bit, then "Ed" took us back and pierced my ears. Not much to tell about that. He tried to make me at ease...my best friend told me later that I looked like I was going to faint. I didn't feel like it, and I wasn't all that nervous, but whatever. I was more nervous that I was going to faint, because that would be embarrassing...meh. He took 30 minutes to mark my ears, and then finally had me lay down, covered my face except my ear with tissue paper, and stuck the needl---
.
>>>BLUE<<< style="font-style: italic;">
.
That was Andrew. He's a dork (but I love him). Anyway, so he stuck the needle through my left ear, and put the earring in, and then he did the right ear. He did this one more slowly and I heard it pop. Oh, joy. Then it was done. They said if the piercing felt dry I should use emu oil. Emu oil?! Who has emu oil?! Anyway, so on the way back....long story short, my friend and I got hopelessly lost and ended up halfway across the state. So much for road trips without GPS, or any bathrooms in sight. Never again, I tell you!!! Well, eventually we made it home, and I fell into bed. and that's pretty much it.

No comments: