Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jar Questions 86, 4, 288

Firstly, tomorrow is my first solo day this block! For the next 2 weeks I will be the teacher in the class. I'm excited, but also nervous. Wish me luck!

Rebecca had her first date this weekend, you'll have to ask her how it went, cuz I'm no snitch. ;D

Also: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Shantel! I know I didn't join in much on the festivities, I didn't want to impose on family time. ^_^

On to the questions!

Question 4: Describe a typical day in elementary school.

Ha, the one I'm in now or MY elementary school? XD I'm guessing the latter. Well, typically the day would begin with breakfast at 7. We'd be to school at 8, and first track (which went to school from 8 to 2) was in Core classes. These were the classes that taught math and reading. I think that's all they taught, math and language arts in general. The second track students arrived at school at 9:30 (they went from 9:30 to 3:30) and went to Specialties. You had 2 specialties a day: they were semester long classes. The first have of the year you'd have Art and Social Studies as specialties, the second half you'd have Science and Music. Anyway, so after lunch the first track and second track "swapped," with first track going to specialties and second track coming to core. It was fun, because the tracks would leave notes and stuff for their "counterparts" to find. I was first track so my day ended at 2. Depending on the time in my life, I've walked home, carpooled home, but mostly been driven home by Mommy. Then came snack, piano practicing and homework. After that we could play until dinnertime. After dinner was family time until bed at 8:00. Ah, those were the days! ^_^

Question 86: Did you go camping as a child? Share an experience or memory.

We did! We used to go to this place called Hobble Creek. I don't know if I'm blurring times, but there was this one camp site we went to that had...I'm not sure if it really was steep or if this is just a child's memory, but it had this really steep trail going up just a bit away from the camp site. It went up, then leveled out and went across. We kids used to go up as far as we dared, then scooch down real quick on our boosers. Anyway, this one time I was determined that I would climb that trail (I really like hiking and was pretty stubborn). Anyway, I made it to the fairly flat part, and felt pretty proud of myself until I heard Mommy calling for me. I realized I couldn't get down! Uncle Daniel tried to tell me how to plant my feet and come down sideways, but I just sort of sat down and couldn't budge. So he had to come get me! I still have lots of fond feelings for that camp site.

Question 288: Tell about your social life as a teen: dances, football games, outings, church functions, etc.

Oh, there's SO much to TELL! XD Honestly, not really. In my family school was a time to learn. I wasn't a real social butterfly. I had acquaintances in all of my classes, but only one really close friend. I don't like loud music or "dance" parties (read: bob your head up and down and drink punch), so "clubbing" was out. I guess I'll tell you about Show and Chamber. It was the "high choir" at our high school. We had such fun! There were a few drama kids in there and they always livened the place up. We'd burst into song at random times on the way to performances. I love our concerts, because it was always like getting together with friends and singing, not some uptight thing. We had classes together every day of the week, and rehearsals after school. We had fun just hanging out and being doofy!

No comments: