Sunday, July 05, 2009

To Everyone.

I am sorry to anyone who's feelings were hurt by my most recent entry. I have another journal where I vent my more private feelings, and it has an option to cross-post into this blog. I thought I had turned off that option with that post, but apparently it didn't happen. I have edited the entry to make my feelings a little clearer, and will post and perhaps elaborate on the edit here.

EDIT: I do realize that this makes me sound hateful toward my family, so let me clarify. I do love these people, but it bothers me that the majority is bending to the few because they're afraid the few will be offended if they don't. I don't approve of letting them steamroll over all of us. Uncles and aunts who like the tradition say "Grandma and Grandpa decided this, so we deal with it, and you deal with it because you were born a cousin." Well, I know that "Grandma and Grandpa" only said "okay" to the idea because they were afraid some uncles/aunts would get offended and have major family fallout if they didn't. So basically, the majority of uncles/aunts, cousins AND grandma/grandpa are keeping quiet and being run over by a few for the sake of "family unity." And I don't approve of that. It seems too much like what's happening in the world today. As my mom says often, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." Well, then why don't the rest of us be a little more squeaky about this situation instead of just saying "Well, I guess, whatever..." THAT'S what's bothering me. That and this whole, "You were born this way (a cousin), so you don't get a vote." Yeah, that just great. You know, this is like taxation w/o representation! Grr. I love these people, and love to spend time with them, but it seems like they don't want to think about or spend time with the family, and I know others share the feeling.

That being said, I apologize if the way I feel offends you. I felt I had to vent and did so in what I thought was a private way. I will not apologize for my feelings, as they are based on what I have seen and experienced. If some other evidence comes to light or is explained to me, I will consider it and revise my opinion accordingly. Until then, I hope you all will know that I love you--but that I am human, and have things to work on like everyone else.
If you have trouble with my feelings and opinions, let that trouble be with me and no one else.
Happy Birthday.

PS To the people who are coming here soon (you know who you are), I am sooooo excited! I'm counting the days!

PPS I hope to start updating this blog more--with more mundane posts and perhaps some pictures--so keep watching!

1 comment:

Ryann Pinnegar said...

Hey - I don't have your email and I can't find any way to contact you from your blog (I'm crossing my fingers you've subscribed to your comments and will get this soon!). K and I started a Family Blog - kind of like the newsletter that C was doing a while back. I'm putting up links to family bloggers, but you've always seemed pretty private on this blog, so I didn't want to link it without your permission. Email me! ♥ R