Monday, October 15, 2007

Happiness

I have a confession to make. I skipped my first class today, Japanese. I know, gasp, I just...I dunno. What happened to the girl who had nothing but disdain for people who skipped? I really couldn't tell you. I don't know if I know her anymore.

Why aren't I happy? I feel like I've been just...existing. That's it. I'll get really sad sometimes, but I don't feel like I'm really happy anymore. I'm not depressed. I WON'T be depressed. I just wonder why I'm not happy. It's like the happiness is in a bubble, and I can't let it out. I feel like I've tried everything.

So now I tried skipping a class. I thought, if I could just get a break, if I could just be free for a minute of the stress...Wrong thing. It didn't help, and I think it made things worse. Cuz now I'm stressing about my grade in that class, and what I missed. It was just review, but still...

Isn't living the gospel supposed to make us happy? Isn't it the plan of happiness? What am I not doing? Why am I not happy? I went to church, I bore my testimony, I'm getting better at reading my scriptures, I pray, I'm doing extractions...Why aren't I happy? What am I doing wrong?!

I won't turn to drugs. I WILL NEVER do drugs. I know that won't make me happy.

I need a tissue. And maybe a hug.

But no one really reads this, do they? I'm just writing this for myself, I guess. Guess that's why I ramble all over the place.

Yesterday was good. My family came over, and we played games. I was happy then, I think. But I've got to be happy when my family isn't around. Gotta cut those apron strings, they say. I know they're right. I just don't know what more to do to make myself happy.

Can I force myself to be happy?

I would skip classes. I want to. I want to go home. But what would mommy say? I don't want her worrying about me, she has so much to worry about already.

Crap. I'm crying. Right in the middle of class, I'm crying.

Better stop before it gets worse.

No comments: